1658 G.A.R Highway, Suite 6
Swansea, MA 02777, USA
Tel:+1 (508) 679-5364
Fax: +1 (508) 679-5396
The spun yarn uniformity has always been an important quality control parameter as it affects the commercial value of the yarn. Defects such as thick places, neps, hairiness and yarn appearance contribute to the overall yarn uniformity and altogether they define the character of the end product.
Electronic inspection Board for Spun Yarns and Hairiness, EIB-S is a test instrument that offers a very quick and precise yarn analysis based on the yarn diameter measurements. A CCD camera is used to measure the diameter values 3.25 microns precision when the yarn is moving at test speeds up to 300m/min.
The unique camera design provides the ability to test natural and synthetic yarns as well as high performance yarns including carbon, glass or hybrid yarns that cannot be tested with capacitive based systems.
Yarn Analysis Software program, YAS measures the yarn diameter and classifies the yarn defects such as thick places, thin places, neps and slubs by their diameter and length. The program provides the best simulated yarn appearance board in the market. The flexibility included in YAS software allows the operator to change board length and yarn fault descriptions without retesting the yarn. This allows the user to evaluate the same yarn at different loom widths to see if any periodicity develops. Diameter data can also be exported to a fabric simulation software for further analysis.
Dynamic test instrument for Entanglement Analysis based on yarn diameter measurement
Ability to measure every 0.5mm of the yarn with 3.5micron precision
Variable yarn speed from 20-300m/min
Maintains constant Input Tension up to 30g on the running yarn
Can be equipped with a Package changer for continuous operation
Windows based, easy-to-use Yarn Analysis Software (YAS) features:
• Diameter evenness measurement with standard deviation and CV%
• Thick places, thin places, neps and slub analysis by diameter and length
• Ability to change the yarn defect matrix without retesting the yarn
• Realistic Yarn Appearance Board simulation
• Ability to change board type and width without retesting the yarn to see the distribution of the slubs at different loom widths
• Ability to grade the yarns for appearance automatically
• Yarn hairiness measurement
• Ability to send the diameter information to fabric simulation software